Chilean Solar Energy Program
This program provides support to the Government of Chile in its transformation efforts towards a low carbon energy sector, which involves decoupling economic growth from Green House Gas emissions. The Program's activities comprise the financing and complementary technical assistance of concentrated solar power (CSP) plants as well as large-scale photovoltaic projects in Chile. One specific component of the Program is to enable the construction of the first CSP power plant in South America with a targeted capacity of 110 MW.
- The successful construction, implementation and operation of a reliable CSP power plant in Chile.
- Increased local supply of CSP plants (70% in 2030).
- Increased development of CSP plants (150 MW in 2019).
- Direct GHG emissions avoided (129 300 t CO2 eq/a).
- Increased energy generation and capacity from CSP (50MW capacity and 175 200 MWh/a generated).