CAF, in cooperation with KfW and LAIF, develops and implements the Performance-Based Climate Financing Facility, an initiative that aims to support the sustainable development and sector transformation in Latin America to combat climate change through the mitigation of greenhouse gas emissions.
Learn the details about the new balanced feed plant for animals in Ecuador, which allows to process and sell animal feed of quality at affordable prices.
Support to SMEs
Project leaded by KfW
- 47,000 hectares under agroforestry systems supported
- 4.3 million tons of CO2 stored by agroforestry activities
- 4.2 million cubic meters of water saved
- 70,000 hectares of farmland under soil conservation practices
- 3,269 businesses and producers supported
Enabling sustainable agricultural production adapted to climate change
- 12,400 hectares are provided with an irrigation system.
- 14,150 families should benefit, many of them mestizos, indigenous, Afro-Ecuadorians and mountaineers.