TIF will promote access to banking services to people currently lacking such access, and will support green microfinancing for micro-, small and medium enterprises in sustainable agriculture.
The Spanish Cooperation gives three new grants to Ibero-American NGOs with LAIF funds from the European Union to increase the response to the pandemic in rural communities of El Salvador and Ecuador.
Support to SMEs
Project leaded by KfW
- 47,000 hectares under agroforestry systems supported
- 4.3 million tons of CO2 stored by agroforestry activities
- 4.2 million cubic meters of water saved
- 70,000 hectares of farmland under soil conservation practices
- 3,269 businesses and producers supported
Enabling sustainable agricultural production adapted to climate change
- 12,400 hectares are provided with an irrigation system.
- 14,150 families should benefit, many of them mestizos, indigenous, Afro-Ecuadorians and mountaineers.