Representatives of the European Union Latin America Investment Facility (EU-LAIF) are attending the Conference of the Parties of The United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (COP25) ...
A final section of Honduras' Western Corridor project was inaugurated in Copán on November 22, 2019. The 119-kilometre stretch of road connects the Mayan ruins of Copán in Honduras with Guatemala and El Salvador.
Latin America Investment Facility (LAIF) will be participating in the ‘Latin America and Caribbean Climate Week’ (LACCW 2019) that will be held in Salvador de Bahia, Brazil, from August 19 to 23, 2019.
Support to SMEs
Project leaded by KfW
- 47,000 hectares under agroforestry systems supported
- 4.3 million tons of CO2 stored by agroforestry activities
- 4.2 million cubic meters of water saved
- 70,000 hectares of farmland under soil conservation practices
- 3,269 businesses and producers supported
Enabling sustainable agricultural production adapted to climate change
- 12,400 hectares are provided with an irrigation system.
- 14,150 families should benefit, many of them mestizos, indigenous, Afro-Ecuadorians and mountaineers.