The European Development Days (EDD) are Europe’s leading forum on international partnerships, organised by the European Commission. The forum, which is headquartered in Brussels, brings key actors together ...
Since 2013, the European Union Latin America Investment Facility (LAIF) has contributed to the program for ‘Promoting Climate Change Adaptation and Integrated Water Resources Management Investment for the water and sanitation sector in Latin America’, within the framework of the Spanish Cooperation Fund for Water and Sanitation (FCAS).
The sustainable finance training services are part of the effort to fulfil UNEP FI's mission to "identify, promote and adopt environmental and sustainability best practices at all levels of financial institutions' operations".
Project led by KfW
- 640,000 tons CO2 equivalent per year of direct GHG emissions avoided through the project
- 175,200 MWh/year generated by the CSP plant
- 382,000 homes supplied with electricity 24 hours/day
- at least 1,906 jobs created through the “Mirror Programme”
Support to SMEs
Project leaded by KfW
- 47,000 hectares under agroforestry systems supported
- 4.3 million tons of CO2 stored by agroforestry activities
- 4.2 million cubic meters of water saved
- 70,000 hectares of farmland under soil conservation practices
- 3,269 businesses and producers supported
Enabling sustainable agricultural production adapted to climate change
- 12,400 hectares are provided with an irrigation system.
- 14,150 families should benefit, many of them mestizos, indigenous, Afro-Ecuadorians and mountaineers.