Representatives of the European Union Latin America Investment Facility (EU-LAIF) are attending the Conference of the Parties of The United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (COP25) ...
A final section of Honduras' Western Corridor project was inaugurated in Copán on November 22, 2019. The 119-kilometre stretch of road connects the Mayan ruins of Copán in Honduras with Guatemala and El Salvador.
Support to SMEs
Project leaded by KfW
- 47,000 hectares under agroforestry systems supported
- 4.3 million tons of CO2 stored by agroforestry activities
- 4.2 million cubic meters of water saved
- 70,000 hectares of farmland under soil conservation practices
- 3,269 businesses and producers supported
Enabling sustainable agricultural production adapted to climate change
- 12,400 hectares are provided with an irrigation system.
- 14,150 families should benefit, many of them mestizos, indigenous, Afro-Ecuadorians and mountaineers.