Launch of study for a Management Plan for Green Areas and Urban Trees of Guayaquil
The Development Bank of Latin America (CAF), the French Development Agency (AFD), and the European Union Latin America Investment Facility (EU-LAIF), will launch this March 12, at 10:00 AM, in the City Hall of Guayaquil, a study for a Management Plan for Green Areas and Urban Trees of Guayaquil, Ecuador.
This study, part of the ‘Sustainable Cities and Climate Change’ Program, will be carried out in the next 15 months and will include nd allow:
1. The diagnosis of green spaces for public use and urban trees in the city of Guayaquil.
2. Designing a Management Plan for Green Areas for Public Use and Urban Trees of the City of Guayaquil, in which goals, objectives, axes, lines of action, priority aspects, and specific indicators are identified (management, performance, investment, technical and financial sustainability, landscape quality, security, accessibility, inclusion, availability and fulfillment of Sustainable Development Goals).
3. Sharing the plan with national and international experts and citizens.
4. Identifying, through a concerted process with key actors and, in particular, through the technical panel, a series of concrete measures that allow the implementation of the Plan. These actions will include strategies for the financement, maintenance and sustainability of green areas and urban trees.
5. Prioritizing and designing, together with CAF and the city of Guayaquil, a pilot action.