Call for events at the EUROCLIMA+ Pavilion at COP 26
The invitation to present event proposals in the EUROCLIMA + Pavilion is open. Deadline: September 17, 2021.
August 20, 2021. Brussels, Belgium. The United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP26) will take place from October 31 to November 12 in Glasgow, UK. EUROCLIMA+, European Union’s regional cooperation program on Climate Change in Latin America and the Caribbean will participate with a Pavilion in the Blue Zone at the COP 26.
We want our Pavilion to be the “home away from home” for Latin America and the Caribbean (as was the case at COP 25) and we look forward to hosting around 35 side events that showcase not only the region and the EUROCLIMA+ programme but also topics of strategic importance for the region.
In this context, we would like to invite key actors, particularly from Latin America, the Caribbean and the European Union to present proposals for events at our Pavilion. We would also like to encourage proposals with several actors. Actors can participate in more than one proposal. These key actors could be:
- National and local public institutions and governments
- International organisations
- Civil society
- Finance sector
- Private sector
The events may be face-to-face, online or hybrid and should cover one or more of the following topics:
- Climate policies that seek to reduce emissions, adapt to climate change and/or protect natural habitats.
- Just transition and taking into consideration vulnerable groups in climate change policies
- Inclusive participation in the definition and implementation of climate policies
- Mobilisation of climate finance
- Actions that accelerate the transition to carbon neutrality
Publication of call for events
Monday 23rd of August 2021
Final date for proposals
Friday 17th of September 2021
Notification of outcome
end of September 2021
Publication of final agenda
mid October 2021
Other relevant information
- Max capacity of meeting rooms in Pavilion: 50 persons
- Maximum duration of events: 75 minutes
- Languages: English, Spanish,Portuguese