12th Caribbean Conference on Comprehensive Disaster Management in Barbados
This two-day event is the region’s first event on disaster risk management, delivered under the theme: “CDM Road to Resilience: Checkpoint 2022 – Advancing a Risk-based Multi-hazard Approach during COVID-19 & Beyond”.
The conference, hosted by Barbados Prime Minister, Mia Amor Mottley, is the Caribbean’s largest gathering of professionals in the field of disaster management.
The hybrid conference is expected to gather over 1,000 delegates and promote good practice, share ongoing research and chart the way forward for the advancement of CDM in the Caribbean. It also curates a platform that facilitates professional development for all disaster risk management (DRM) Practitioners conceivable.
Organised by the Coordinating Unit (CU) of the Caribbean Disaster Emergency Management Agency (CDEMA), this event contributes to the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction (SFDRR) 2015-2030, a blueprint for global actions in Disaster Risk Management (DRM).
The Conference is also the regional event of the International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (ISDR) and is structured to promote good practice, share ongoing research and chart the way forward for the advancement of CDM in the Caribbean.
More specifically, the conference’s objectives are to:
- Facilitate exchange on pathways to resilience using a risk-based multi-hazard approach
- Highlight progress towards the achievement of CDM results within priority areas
- Showcase relevant research and applicable tools for the advancement of CDM in the region
- Highlight challenges and opportunities for CDM, based on lessons learnt from COVID-19 and the multi-hazard environment in the region
- Provide a forum for the engagement and empowerment of youth in supporting the DRM agenda
For more information on the event, click here