A new technical assistance facility for the Caribbean Sustainable Water Management and Clean Oceans programme was launched in October. The facility, which is funded by an €8.5 million grant from the Caribbean Investment Facility (CIF) will provide specialist technical support
LAGreen is supported by an EU LAIF contribution of €16,050,000 and its expected investment size amounts to over €450 million. The Fund has already invested in Costa Rica, Mexico, Ecuador and Peru as well and the Technical Assistance Facility funded by the EU has approved 17 projects in 13 countries, including training sessions on green bonds for the financial sector, support to new issuers to prepare green bonds and post issuance support.
Through the signing of two agreements, it is expected to strengthen 183 direct and indirect beneficiaries, increasing their capabilities in the circular economy, as well as accelerating their businesses.
The DINAMICA II Initiative is a tripartite effort with the aim of improving business services and strengthening the technical capabilities of MSMEs in El Salvador. Technical Assistance agreements total US$194,900.
HISTÓRIAS DE SUCESSO
Project led by KfW
- 640,000 tons CO2 equivalent per year of direct GHG emissions avoided through the project
- 175,200 MWh/year generated by the CSP plant
- 382,000 homes supplied with electricity 24 hours/day
- at least 1,906 jobs created through the “Mirror Programme”
Support to SMEs
Project leaded by KfW
- 47,000 hectares under agroforestry systems supported
- 4.3 million tons of CO2 stored by agroforestry activities
- 4.2 million cubic meters of water saved
- 70,000 hectares of farmland under soil conservation practices
- 3,269 businesses and producers supported
Enabling sustainable agricultural production adapted to climate change
- 12,400 hectares are provided with an irrigation system.
- 14,150 families should benefit, many of them mestizos, indigenous, Afro-Ecuadorians and mountaineers.
- 43% increase in annual electricity sales by EBS.
- 2,000 kW of solar PV installed capacity.
- 1,410 households benefiting from 24 hours electricity production.
- 30,000 Tons of C02eq will be reduced per year.